Sep 28, 2008

postcards

One of my goals this year is to do a whole lot more noticing kids or catching them in the act of doing what they're supposed to be doing. I actually got this idea from FLYLady last year and I loved it. I am writing notes home to parents for every child. Actually, I brought it up to my team and as a team we will be sending home at least three for each child over the course of the year. I am keeping track to make sure that every child gets recognized at least three times.

I like the idea that this is a concrete way to recognize each student at different times and to include the parents. So many times the only communication we have with parents is when a child is having problems - even when we are recognizing the kids at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gifted Education 2.0 Ning