Sep 1, 2008

absences and making up work

Right now my policy is that students must hand write a 100 word essay in Spanish, which incorporates vocabulary from the class they missed, for each day a student was absent.

I am wondering if perhaps I cannot set up a student blog where I post the stories from class with the highlighted vocabulary so that students have access at least to the written version of class and can get some comprehensible input from their absences.

I don't know how much effort it would take to make audio podcasts of the stories so that students can also hear the stories online. It wouldn't work if they had no computer access, but for the majority of my students the majority of the time this would give them some access to the classroom.

I just don't want to create endless work for myself that will have little educational impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gifted Education 2.0 Ning