Nov 23, 2013

I'm baaack

I took some unscheduled time off from this blog as I moved, finished my thesis, settled into a new school, and added a new addition to my family.

I am currently in Orlando, Florida where I am attending the ACTFL conference.  It is awesome, and I have loved meeting so many of my virtual friends.  I made a presentation of how to effectively differentiate instruction in a world language class for visual-spatial learners.

One of my favorite sessions so far has been on embedded readings.  In embedded readings, the teacher edits a story into several nested versions of the same story.  Each version is comprehensible to the students, but adds new levels of complexity.  By the final reading, students are able to read complex stories.  If you would like to learn more about this, go to: www.embeddedreading.com  Another great source for this is www.martinabex.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gifted Education 2.0 Ning